Monday, May 12, 2014

Saved from the penalty, being saved from the power, will be saved from the presence of sin

Been studying Psalm 103 in the fellowship. As far as the east is from the west so far has He removed our transgressions from us. That is even further than the North is from the south (I can keep going east or west forever!) But in what ways are our transgressions (sins) removed? Well first and foremost it means that He has separated me from the penalty (eternal consequences) of my sin. He is just to do this because He Himself has paid the penalty on the cross. I don't fully understand this, but I gladly and gratefully receive it.

When my attitude is right (walking in gratitude for what He has done for me) He is then actively at work also removing (separating) me from the power of my hurts, hang ups and habits. When I confess and choose with His help, the ongoing process of forsaking the wrong things, He is quick to forgive and restore me to full fellowship with Him. In this way He is involved in the complicated process of separating me from the power of my transgressions. I may not yet be what I (and probably you) want me to be, but thank God that, through this process, I am not what I once was! This process (called sanctification) even helps to separate me from my negative attitudes such as ingratitude, unforgiveness etc., all of which tend to drag me down. My sanctification will only be finished when I meet Him face to face.

And there is one more thing that helps with my ongoing growth in Him, and that is the sure hope that it will not always be wrestling with my hurts, hang ups and habits. Since I will be with Him for ever and ever and ever, it is necessary that I submit to this process of refinement, because when I finally get to go home with Him, I will be separated not only from the penalty, not only fully separated from the power, but also fully separated from the very presence of sin. Just think about it, no more hate, no more put downs, no more manipulation, no more grief (He personally will wipe away every tear), no more death, no more separations.

I know that I have not yet arrived (if you know me you will know that too), but on that day the process of sanctification will be complete. Just think all the annoying things about me will disappear! What a hope that up there, I will not even want to do negative things as He, in the blink of eye, changes me. Hallelujah – praise (hallel) the Lord (jah)!

1 comment:

  1. QUOTES FROM GOD VERSUS QUOTES FROM MEN BY STEVE FINNELL

    All teaching from Jesus and the apostles came from the Father. (John 14:10, John 15:26)

    Quote: Dr. Charles Stanley "....But it's important to remember that Ephesians 2:8-9 says faith in Jesus Christ is the only requirement for salvation, not baptism. But, to fulfill His command, we're to be baptized following our decision to accept Him into our lives."[ NOTE: The word, only, is not mentioned in Ephesians 2:8-9]

    Quote: God "Mark 16:16....and is baptized will be saved..."(NKJV)

    Quote: Mother Teresa "There is only one God and He is God to all; therefore it is important that everyone is seen as equal before God. I've always said we should help a Hindu become a better Hindu, a Muslim become a better Muslim, a Catholic become a better Catholic. ......"

    Quote: God "John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."(NKJV)

    Quote: Max Lucado "....Is it possible for an unbaptized believer to be saved? Yes, definitely. Should every believer be baptized? Yes, definitely."

    Quote: God "John 3:5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly , I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God." (NKJV)

    Quote: Billy Graham "Whether they come from the Muslim world, or the Buddhist world, or the Christian world, or the non-believing world, they are members of the body of Christ because they've been called by God. They may not even know the name of Jesus, but they know in their hearts they need something that they don't have and they turn to the only light they have and I think they're saved and they're going to be with us in heaven."

    Quote: God "Acts 4:10-12...the name of Jesus...12 "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."(NKJV)

    Quote: Pope Francis ""The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with the Blood of Christ:all of us, not just Catholics. Everyone!....Even the atheists........'But I don't believe, Father, I am an atheist! But do good: we will meet one another there."


    Quote: God "John 8:24 :Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."(NKJV)

    Quote: Prophet Joseph Smith "In the beginning the head of the Gods called a council of the Gods and they came together and concocted a plan to create the world and people it"

    Quote: God "Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all."(NKJV) John 1:1-3 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God , and the Word was God. 2. He was in the beginning with God. 3. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made."(NKJV)

    YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY BLOG. http//:steve-finnell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete