Tuesday, November 13, 2018

The eternal God is your refuge, And underneath are the everlasting arms;

They say that the only thing that is constant is change! But actually the eternal God is the same yesterday today and forever (Hebrews 13:8). And in a world where change is everywhere, we need a safe place, a place of stability, a rock, somewhere secure, someone and something that can be relied on. The Scripture tells us “Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal man, who cannot save (Psalm 146:3). In the end, at some level everyone will eventually let us down, but the faithful God will not.

There’s a chorus that we sing where we tell the Lord “I need you more, more than yesterday.” For me this is not just words, I know for sure that without my relationship with Him, I would not have made it. Life is far too hard, and I am far too soft. Some people would call that a crutch, but for me it is more like a brand-new pair of legs. But actually I don't see anyone who is not limping! Moreover, in Him is life and health and peace, in Him there is comfort and rest, in Him there is joy and forgiveness and cleansing. And that’s just in the here and now, in the hereafter there is life forevermore.

And on top of this, underneath are the everlasting arms (Deuteronomy 33:27). “When I fall down He lifts me up, when I am dry he feels my cup.” With Him I cannot fail, He is always proud of me, He always loves me. And that love is tangible, it comforts me when I am sad, it strengthens me when I am weak. He believes in me, when I cannot believe in myself. He sustains me through the hard times, and He even brings joy in the midst of trials. Why would anyone not want Him? All it costs, is the giving up of my foolish pride and the giving up of my stubborn and rebellious ways, ways that left me wounded and bleeding and empty!

Father, I want to thank you this morning Lord, that when I found myself in a very dark place, You came to me, You showed yourself, and You welcomed me home with open arms, You took me in, You healed my heart and You brought peace, and hope, and meaning, and joy. I even got to like myself! There is no One like You Father, no one even comes close! You are my refuge and my strength Lord, and underneath are Your everlasting arms, arms of love that keep me safe and secure, and I give you honour glory and praise again this morning in Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment