Sunday, September 14, 2014

Waiting is a refining fire

It seems that nobody likes to wait. You know the definition of a split second as the time interval between which the light turns green and the fellow behind starts to honk? We live in an instant, fast paced society, and we hate to wait for anything. If you are like me you want what you want and you want it now!” But I have had to learn to wait.

My life verses start off with “I waited patiently for the Lord ...,” and I always knew these were His instructions. They finish with a promise that I believe, but has not yet been fulfilled. As a little old lady friend of mine (now with Jesus) used to say “The trouble with God, is that He has no sense of time!” Amen!

A few years ago now He asked me if I had waited patiently. I could only say that I waited (and grimaced :) ). I could not add “patiently!” But this period of waiting though very difficult at times, has been good for me because it has been a refining fire. If we submit to it (letting patience have its perfect work) it produces all kinds of fruit (love, joy, peace, patience – especially patience – goodness etc.). I am not yet what I should be, but thank God His refining fire that operates in the period between the promise and the fulfillment, is making me a lot more like Him. Progress, but still a long way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment