Thursday, May 13, 2021

Fear not [there is nothing to fear],

..... for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice (Isaiah 41:10).

I often hear people say “Everything happens for a reason.” It bother's me a little, and sometimes a lot. If your baby dies, and someone with the best of intentions in the world says this to you, it is likely to deepen your pain considerably.  I have always wondered how I would react if I lost a child. You do not expect to outlive your children!  What I do know is that it would severely test my faith in the goodness of God. You see I would still believe it is my mind, but my emotions would scream “Unfair, unfair!” And your statement would confirm he is unfair. Life is not fair, Jesus Christ crucified is not fair.  He never told us life would be a cake walk (John 16:33). Please be careful how and when you use this phrase.

I am going through some deep waters at the moment, and I am clinging to His exceedingly great and precious promises (2 Peter 1:4). One is that when I go through the waters they will not overwhelm me  (Isaiah 43:2). Notice that is does not say I will not feel overwhelmed (Psalm 142:3).  Feeling are often an interpretation of the situation that may,  or may not,  reflect reality. The difference gets us into trouble in our conversations, in arguments in particular.

A dear brother who is praying for me in my trial sent me the title verse this morning,  and the Lord underlined for me the phrase “harden you to difficulties.”  I am not saying I don't struggle, but I felt He was telling me that He is going to use the difficulties for my good (Romans 8:28) to prepare me for a greater ministry down the road.  After all it is what He did with Joseph in the Bible (Genesis 37-50). When I look at it this way it helps me to obey 2 Timothy 2:3.

Father, thank You that You have promised to go with me through the waters, and that You truly work all things together for my good. Like Paul,  with Your help,  I choose to believe that these light temporary afflictions are working a far more exceeding glory for Your Kingdom in Jesus Name Amen,


No comments:

Post a Comment