Thursday, June 8, 2017

But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

As can be seen from the the context of the verse at the head of this post, Matthew 6:33, the phrase “all these things” is talking about our basic needs. Jesus is telling us not to worry about these things, since our heavenly father knows that we have need of them. In fact God has promised to supply all of our needs according to His riches in glory. The above verse stood out to me from my daily readings this morning, because the Lord had brought it to my attention recently. When I came back from my Vacaville trip, it looked like I had brought bedbugs back with me. When I discovered bites and looked it up in the Internet confirming that they were bedbug bites, I bought spray, powder and a cover for my mattress. I washed my bedclothes, etc.

There is a principle here, and that is that we needed to do everything that is reasonable on our part, and then to leave it in His hands. It would have been easy to worry, and as I was tempted to do just that, the verse at the head of this post came to mind. And I chose to concentrate on the kingdom, and when I did, I had peace, and I have had no new bites since that time.

Some would say that the command not to worry, is easier said than done. But the Lord never gives a command that He does not with the command also give the wherewithal, the grace if you like, to do what he is commanding. It’s all about faith, and faith is a muscle, it needs to be exercised. So we choose to trust him.

Lord, there are a number of things happening at the moment, that could go badly wrong. But I am choosing to trust You, and to seek You first, and to bring it to You in prayer. Over and over I have seen You work it out for Your praise and for Your glory.

Lord I thank You for Your faithfulness, I thank You for Your grace, Your grace to trust and to believe. I choose to trust that You are actively working all things together for my good, and I praise and thank and worship you, King of Kings and Lord of Lords. I love You Lord Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment