Tuesday, June 20, 2017

He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him Hebrews 11:6

Elsewhere the write to the Hebrews tells us that God is not unjust to forget or overlook, our labour of love. Paul in 2 Corinthians 3, talks about the rewards in terms of building upon the sure foundation of Jesus Christ. In particular, we build with gold, precious stones, wood, hay, or stubble, and he says if our building is wood or hay or stubble, then we will lose our reward, but we ourselves will be saved. Otherwise we will receive our reward.

My thought is that human beings need motivation. For some being good has a lot to do with fear of the consequences of not being good. I mean we do reap what we sow whether good or bad. But in this world of instant gratification, the delay of gratification is an act of faith. So whether our reward is in the here and now, or in the hereafter we are promised a reward for our labour of love. We may feel that that is unspiritual to feel this way, but this seems to be wrong.

For me, one of the greatest rewards that I look forward to, is hearing His commendation “well done good and faithful servant.” There are many times in life that I feel unappreciated, overlooked or taken for granted. My consolation in all of this, is knowing that He sees, and that He is not unjust, to forget or overlook, and on that day every wrong will be made right. He puts it this way “Every valley will be exalted and every mountain brought low.” He also tells me in psalm 37 that those aspects of my character and my works that can rightly be described as just will be revealed like the noonday sun. So I don’t need to fret, I don't need to feel slighted when I am, because I know that He knows, and I choose to rest in that.

Father, help me to continue to live what I have just written. It says again in your word that without faith it is impossible to please you, and Father, I choose to choose to please you this day keep me close Lord, in Jesus name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment