Saturday, April 14, 2018

Without faith it is impossible to please God

This quote from Hebrews 11:6 continues with “for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.” There are two things here, the first is that we have to believe that He exists, The second that He will reward us when we search for Him with all of our heart, mind, soul and strength (Jeremiah 29:13; Mark 12:30).

I have always believed, that we start off life knowing intuitively that God exists. I know I did. There is a verse that confirms this thought. It is Romans 1:26 which talks about not liking to retain God in our knowledge (NKJV). This is backed up by Romans 1:18, which talks about the suppression of truth by unrighteousness. The point seems to be, that if we want to do something that God has told us we should not do, then we are likely to rationalize our doing it. After that, it’s easy to drift away, and to be seduced by a world bent on doing it’s own thing. For a number of years, that was me!

But life did not go well without Him, and as the consequences of my own and other people’s sin piled up in my life, I became open to seeking Him. Still, my own ungodly desires got in the way. I was like the proverbial wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind, back and forth, back and forth! And it was only as I was willing to search for Him no matter what the cost, that I discovered that He was searching for me far more diligently than I was searching for Him.

Father, because we are so easily swayed, we cannot find You unless You meet us more than half way. I am so grateful this morning Lord, that it was not all up to me. Help me Father not to lose my first love. And help me day by day to diligently seek You. The rewards are great, thank You! I praise and bless You this morning Father, in Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment