Saturday, May 12, 2018

Cursed is the ground for your sake

Sin had to be dealt with, there can be nothing less than perfection in paradise, or it wouldn't be paradise. So Adam and Eve would have to leave Genesis 3:24), but it was not God’s desire that this would be permanent. Some of the translations of our quote from Genesis 3:17 have “because of you,” in place of the NKJV “for your sake.” This latter translation has the sense that God was cursing the earth for redemptive purposes. On the other hand “because of you” seems to be simply punitive, and the NKJV is preferred.

Even before the fall, it was true that we reap what we sow (Galatians 6:7). Before the fall this was always good, and after the fall it is still true that when we sow what is good, then we reap what is good. But in a cursed world, when we sow the wrong, we reap the wrong. And this is for our sake. I mean just as a child may need to learn not to touch the hot stove the hard way by receiving a burn, so in the same way the consequences of our sin can lead us to repentance. Of course it’s not automatic, but “for your sake,” clearly shows that this is God’s intention. In other words it is is his intention that the pain of our sin lead us back home to the shepherd and guardian of our souls (1 Peter 2:25)

Within the principle of sowing and reaping, is the principle of multiplication. When we sow, we reap thirtyfold, sixtyfold, or a hundredfold, be for good or evil (Mark 4:8; Galatians 6:7). As for me, I sowed to the wind, and I reaped the whirlwind! But like the repentant prodigal son returning to his father, I was welcomed with open arms, restored to sonship, and started on the journey of being transformed into the intended glory of an image bearer of God!

Father, I know for sure in my own life, that if there had been no consequences for sin, I would have continued to go my own rebellious way. But the sorrow that followed my poor choices, was a godly sorrow. It was more than sorry I got caught, and it led to repentance (2 Corinthians 7:10). I cannot regret my past Father, because that is what let me into Your embrace. Thank You Lord, thank You, thank You, thank You in Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment