Monday, May 28, 2018

Do not be anxious about anything Part 2

I should have known that I would be tested on what I wrote yesterday. Morning by morning as I write these blogs, I ask the Lord for something that is relevant to my life. So yesterday I was in danger of being anxious, and as I usually do at such times, I started to work through the passage in Philippians 4:4-7, repenting for where I had failed to follow through. So I was seeking to replace my anxiety with thanksgiving, and all kinds of prayer and supplication. At some level, I was successful. However, in the middle of the night, I found myself wrestling again in my spirit.

So I re-read yesterday’s blog and prayer, and the phrase “all kinds of prayer”stood out to me. I remembered a book by Merlin Carothers called “Power in praise.” His point is essentially that you can praise your way out of inner struggles. And there is always much to praise Him for. In my own life, there is much answered prayer, and many times that the Lord has intervened on my behalf. The Lord delivered the children of Israel out of Egypt, and over and over He told them to remember this deliverance. To Israel in that day, Egypt was the place of bondage, the place of slavery. And we all have our own “Egypts.”

And as with Israel, the Lord has done many, many amazing things in my life, He has performed many miracles and done things that at the time I thought I would never forget. But but is easy to underestimate our capacity to forget. So this is why it’s important for me to journal, to write down the wonderful works of God that He has performed in my life. And what that means is that at times like this I can look back and remember His works, and his promises. And as I did this this morning, as so many times in the past, He lifted me up, set my feet up on a rock and reestablished my peace (Psalm 40:1-2).

Father, I praise and bless and magnify and worship Your name this morning. Thank You for the many times You have delivered me in the past. These experiences of deliverance and the promises of ongoing deliverance help to keep my feet upon the rock of the Lord Jesus Christ. I don’t know how the World manages without You, but I suppose many times they are simply existing rather than having life in all its fullness. As for me, I am not prepared to settle for anything less than all that You have for me, and I pray for others and myself for tenacity and faith to hold You to Your promises. I praise You again this morning Lord in Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment