Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Good morning son, I love you

When my grandson was younger, I used to regularly ask him “Did I ever tell you that I love you ?” His response would be that I told him all the time, which I did. I got into a conversation with a lady on the plane coming home from Deer Lake this weekend. I’m not quite sure how I got there, but I finished up telling her that God loved her. She wasn’t sure, but I was that He loved her! As is my habit, I journaled this morning asking the Lord what He would say to me today, the response came back in the few short words at the head of this post. I was a bit puzzled.

I usually get more than this, but it does usually includes something along the lines of He loves me, or He is here for me. It seemed just a bit stark, so I waited, but nothing else came. And as I talked to Him about it I felt Him saying that I skip too easily over Him telling me that He loves me! And with the memory of the delight of the lady on the plane this morning, I realize that at some level, I had been taking this for granted, not appreciating the fact that I am loved by Almighty God, the creator of the universe. And I needed to be reminded again that His love demonstrated on the cross, has qualified me to be an inheritor of the saints in light making it possible for me to spend eternity with the Him whose very nature is love (Colossians 1:12; 1 John 4:8).

Knowing that I am loved, and experiencing His love, His forgiveness, His grace, His mercy and His joy, has changed me over the years. This was brought to my attention quite clearly again over the weekend. I had received through Facebook, something that years ago would have put me into a tailspin of hurt and obsessive thinking. But I have learned, to care much more about what He thinks about me, than what anyone else thinks about me. And He thinks I’m the best thing since sliced bread! And He feels the same way about you, and perhaps you, like me this morning, need to stop and consider and feel and receive the fact that you are loved by the nicest person in the universe our Trinitarian God.

Father, Son and Holy Ghost I want to thank You again this morning that You loved me so much that You found a way at incredible cost to Yourself to be holy, just, merciful and loving all at the same time. You loved the world so much, You loved me so much, that You sent the Son of your love in order that I might not perish, but make it possible for me to have life in all its abundance in the here and now, and life with You for ever in the hereafter (John 3:16). And I give You all the honour and glory and praise again this morning in Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment