Monday, June 10, 2019

You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You

I woke up this morning full of anxiety and doubt. The Lord is calling me to do something in these days which, to say the least, is stretching me. But it is exactly in these times that we grow (or not). The Lord has brought this morning’s verse from Isaiah 26:3 to my attention several times in the last few days (bless His Holy Name). He is always there when I need Him, and of course when He brings a verse like this to my attention, He is showing me what to do. The root of the Hebrew verb translated here as “stayed” means to lean on, rest in, be supported and upheld by. The last stanza of the verse reads “Because he trusts in You.” And at this point in the game for me, trusting, resting and leaning on Him is very much a moment by moment choice. My history with Him helps, He has never failed me yet. Not saying He always did what I wanted, but I know He always has my best interest at heart (see the ‘we know” part of Romans 8:28).

Knowing His Word is also invaluable, especially those parts I have learned by heart. Hiding His Word in my heart keeps me from sin and unbelief, and sheds light unto my way. And I was brought again to the conditions of the promise in Philippians 4:4-7 (that His peace will guard my heart and mind). So I am choosing to rejoice in the Lord, and I am replacing my anxiety with prayer and supplication with thanksgiving. I am listening to worship music even as I blog and meditating on doing what He is showing me to do. I am choosing to take one moment at a time, and every time I start to feel anxiety rise, I am refocusing and “looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of my faith” (Hebrews 12:2).

And now I am starting to mediated on the promised “perfect peace." The Hebrew word is Shalom, it means peace, harmony, wholeness, completeness, prosperity, welfare and tranquility. And this peace is not something I can drum up, it is something that is given as we take His yoke upon us and learn of Him. It is God giving us His peace, and it passes all understanding. And it passes all understanding because it is God’s peace not mine, and it is given not as the World gives (often taking it back), and it is independent of the circumstances or trials I may be going through (John 14:27; Matthew 11:28-30; Philippians 4:7).

Father, I do not know how I would deal with life without You, or Your Word, or Your presence and Your peace. I don’t know how those who do not know you survive Lord. But I also suspect that what they do is mere survive, rather than prosper in the place where it matters most, in our hearts. Thank You Lord for all that You do for me day by day. There are so many Lord that I know and love who are so, so stuck in mere survival. Thank You Lord that Your Word brings faith and dispels doubt. And thank You for all those praying for me this morning. It is my prayer Lord that my and their lives, peace and words will lead many to see and fear and put their trust in You in Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment