Wednesday, February 12, 2020

The skin of Moses’ face shone

Moses had had intense encounters of the third kind with God on the mountain, and it had caused his countenance (the expression of his face) to shine. What is interesting to me, is that I have seen over and over a substantial change in the countenance of those who also have had an encounter with God today. I have seen it when demons have been cast out, and to me it is evidence of their delivery. I have seen it in those who are being delivered from drugs. And sadly, I have seen it change back when they have fallen off the wagon! It is hard to explain what you see, but it is very real.

Obviously present day “shining” it is not as startling as it was with Moses. I mean the glory of it on Moses' face was so intense, that the children of Israel could not look steadily on his it (2 Corinthians 3:13). And of course none of those I am talking about spent forty days and forty nights alone with God on the mountain as Moses did (Exodus 34:28). In speaking about this Paul talks about a veil that prevents unbelievers seeing the glory of the Lord in the face of Jesus Christ. “Nevertheless,” he says, “when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away” ( 2 Corinthians 3:16). And “But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory which comes from the Lord who is Spirit” (verse 18).

As Jesus told us, while we cannot see the Spirit, for those who have eyes to see, the evidence is plain to see. Note that the phrase “are being transformed” is in the ongoing continuous tense, and it happens in the ongoing “beholding the glory of the Lord!” Moses' face shone because he had spent extended time one on one with the Lord, and it happens to us as we too spent time on on one with the Lord beholding His face in the beauty of holiness. It has taken a long time for me, in my mind's eye, to look Jesus in the eye. I was too covered in shame. But as I continued to try He took away not only my guilt, but also my shame (Isaiah 54:4).

Father, it is so easy to get distracted or to fill our lives with things that do not satisfy. Forgive us Lord, forgive me. Help us Lord to redeem the time, for the days are evil. Please fascinate us with Yourself, and give us hearts to respond. Help us to do our part in beholding Your face in the secret place, in Jesus Name Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment