Wednesday, October 18, 2017

in due season we shall reap, if we faint not

Have you ever been tempted to give up? You would not be human if you had not! I’m not at that place this morning (wanting to give up), still I do appreciate this encouragement from the Lord, as he reminded me of His promises. He is not a man that He should lie, and over the years He has affirmed again and again that He will do what He says.

Many of these promises come directly from the Word, others from prophetic words that were spoken over me. At other times He has whispered directly into my ear. I was drawn to the verse at the head of this post this morning from Galatians 6:9, by another set of verses from Psalm 126:5, 6. The Lord had underlined these verses for me a long time ago, they are:-

Those who sow in tears
shall reap in joy.
He who continually goes forth weeping,
Bearing seed for sowing,
Shall doubtless come again with rejoicing,
Bringing his sheaves with him.

Well I have shed many tears, but the Lord used those things which caused me to weep, to throw myself on Him, and on His promises. So there is a principal and a promise here. It’s not just the weeping of course, we can weep in despair! It’s weeping and sowing seed, but what does this mean?

For me, this is going over the promises again and again in prayer. It is holding Him to His word, it is choosing to believe in spite of the circumstances, it’s having tenacity, sticktoitiveness, it is the continually going forth day after day, month after month, year after year. I can’t do this without Him, and I can only do it one day at a time, with His help, and by His grace!

Father, thank You that You have promised the reward if we do not faint. It’s not about not wanting to give up, about not being tempted to faint, but is coming back to You over and over and over, and choosing to trust You even when, or perhaps especially when, there is no visible sign of the harvest. But You work in ways we cannot see, and indeed You will make a way for me. You have promised! Thank You Lord for the outcome, it is sure because You promised it. I love You Lord in Jesus Name Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment