Thursday, October 5, 2017

You will mount up on wings like the eagle

Sitting this morning on the balcony of the home of new friends here in Nova Scotia, looking out on their ocean view, I observed an eagle soaring on the wind. He was just effortlessly riding the wind, and my mind was inevitably drawn to Isaiah 40:31 and the above partial quote from that verse.

I had not realized how badly I needed to come aside and rest a while. At this point in my life I can identify with Paul when he talks about the burden of the care of the churches. From the beginning of my Christian life, I have had this tendency to identify too closely with the problems of those the Lord brings to me. I need to remind myself over and over, that I am the only one I have the power to change. I cannot make choices for others. And at some point, I need to let go and let those I love suffer the consequences of their poor choices.

It’s not easy, but taking more responsibility than the Lord calls me to take helps neither them nor me. As I say, letting go is not easy, but it’s the only way to fly.

Father, thank You for my new friends. Thank You for the peace of this ocean paradise. Thank You that You know my frame, that You know that I am but dust, and that You knew I need to come aside and rest a while. Thank You that You are meeting me in an ever deepening way. I bless Your holy and precious Name. I worship, and magnify and praise You Lord. In Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment