Wednesday, January 1, 2020

New every morning is the love ...

... our wakening and uprising prove; through sleep and darkness safely brought, restored to life and power and thought. It's an ancient hymn, but it came to mind at the beginning of the New Year. It speaks of God's faithfulness through the night and I am stretching that to the past year. I can't say the Lord has always given me what I wanted in the past year, but He has always supplied my needs.

I have said before at the beginning  a new year that I am not into New Year's revolutions – yes I did say rev - olutions not resolutions. Christian growth is not one giant leap for mankind after another, it is line upon line precept upon precept (Isaiah 28:10). It is steady as she goes. And it is better, for example, to have a regular ten minute quiet time rather than staring off with two hours in the morning and it lasting only a few days.

Father, thank You that Your mercies are new every morning. Lead us Lord in the way way everlasting as we commit to You one moment at time, in Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment