Tuesday, February 11, 2020

If I have found grace in Your sight, show me Your way

I ask the Lord day by day to give me something for myself and my blog, often from the daily readings to read through the Bible. The verses that stood out to me this morning are Exodus 33:13 (the title verse) and verse 16. It was only afterwards that I realized how relevant they are to my life as I am seeking His guidance on a certain matter that I have found somewhat confusing. I don't know if you ever wonder if you hear from God, but He knows how to make things clear, and He showed me this morning on a completely different matter, that I had heard His promptings very clearly. And the confirmation of this unrelated matter brought tears to my eyes, as I wait for Him to show me His way in the other matter. It is not clear to me from the readings if Moses knew whether he had found grace in the Lord's eyes or not. But I am not in doubt this morning that I have grace in His eyes, for I am a child of God, and grace is my inheritance (James 4:6)!

With respect to guidance, to being shown His way, a combined translation of Proverbs 3:5,6 comes to mind. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not unto your own understanding, acknowledge Him in all your ways and He will direct your paths and make them straight.” When the situation is confusing, I don't need to try and figure it out on my own, in my own understanding, and for that I am grateful. For me part of acknowledging Him in all my ways, is putting my will in neutral, choosing in advance to follow which ever way He leads. Directing my paths is about hearing from Him, being shown His way. Since his sheep know His voice (John 10:4), I can trust that when I commit to following Him I will be shown His way, and that He will clear away all obstacles from the path (make them straight).

Verse 15 and 16 (of Exodus 33) talks about His presence going with us, and that this fact  will be known. God's manifest presence is a tangible thing, and for the child of God it is guaranteed. Indeed “I will never leave you nor forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5). And it manifests not only to His people, but also to others as we commit to walk in His paths and learn His ways. When we enter a room, His presence enters with us, for we are the temple of Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19)!

Father I want to thank You this morning for the encouragement You gave me this morning. You have promised to supply all our needs according to Your riches in glory and You are faithful. I pray this morning Lord for all those needing Your guidance (including me) that You will give us grace to believe and to trust that You will indeed show us Your way, in Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment