Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Sit walk stand: His perspective, His guidance, His power

I'm amazed at how many times I need to be reminded of the perspective of Heaven, that this earth is not my home, and that I can rest in the knowledge that my inheritance is reserved in heaven for me. I'm amazed at how many times that I'm either ahead or behind Him in my walk. I'm amazed at how many times I need to be reminded to walk in His dunamos power rather than my own. But perhaps I shouldn't be amazed, I mean our struggle is against the spiritual powers of wickedness, and we're in a war to the death with the enemy of our souls. I suspect that many of us are as I described above, and perhaps this is why we need to be praying always (1 Thessalonians 5:17). I mean prayer is what helps us to stay connected to heaven’s perspective nad heaven’s guidance and to stay tapped into heaven’s strength. The Lord woke me in the night with these thoughts, and a number of Scriptures on my heart, and I simply want to pray them and others this morning.

Lord Jesus You told us that You are the vine and we are the branches. He who abides in You, and You in him, bears much fruit; for without You we can do nothing (John 15:5). Our part is to abide Lord, but we can’t even do that without You. Thank You Lord for Your invitation to come to You for soul rest when we feel beat up by the world. Thank You that when we take Your yoke upon us, we don’t need to strive, but rather we can learn to operate out of rest (Matthew 11:27). Help us to do our part Lord in staying vitally connected to You.

Thank You Holy Spirit that when we walk guided and directed moment by moment by You, we will not fulfill the desires of the sinful nature (Galatians 5:16). Thank You Lord that when we walk in the light as the Lord Jesus is in the light, then we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ keeps on cleansing us from sin (1 John 1:7). Thank You Holy Spirit for Your sweet presence last night in the step study, as we came together to start our fearless moral inventory. Thank You that as we confessed our sins one to another, and prayed for one another there was the start of real healing from real, and deep, hurts (James 5:16). Thank You for this fellowship at the foot of the cross where we are equal, for there is no difference since we have all sinned and fallen short of Your glory (Romans 3:23). Thank You that there is now no condemnation either from You, or each other (Romans 8:1). We did not want to leave!

Thank You Father, that we can stand in Your strength, power and might, in the very same dunamos power that raised Jesus from the dead (Ephesians 1 prayer). Thank You Lord for the reminder that we need to be careful that when we think we stand, we need to take care we don't fall (1 Corinthians 10:12). Thank You Lord that Your strength is made perfect in our weakness, so when circumstances remind us again of how weak we are, we can simply turn to You who did, and does, and will deliver us from the various deaths in which we find ourselves (2 Corinthians 1:8-10). You do all things well Lord in Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment