Friday, March 27, 2020

Whoever loves instruction and discipline loves knowledge

.... But he who hates reproof and correction is stupid (Proverbs 12:1). I tried to find a translation that softened that last word, but I couldn't do it and be faithful to the Word! Part of the problem, is that I have need to include myself a some points in my past. And since bad choices have bad fruit (Galatians 6:7), it is not wise to resist correction. My dear mother, bless her heart, used to say to me “I know you don't like criticism, but ...” And it was criticism rather than correction, but I did not distinguish the two  at the time. And my choice when I got free was rebellion. It lead to disaster. So was I stupid? You tell me! Now I have absolutely no doubt that the caronavirus is the Enemy's rage against what he knows is coming. But in this, as with all rage, he is being stupid, for he ends up doing the Lord's work. I particular the Lord is using this to instruct not only the Church, but many who had previously turned their back on Him.

Instruction and knowledge, and instruction and wisdom, are closely linked in Scripture. For example “Listen to counsel and receive instruction, that you may be wise (Proverbs 19:20). And since the Lord is sovereign, and He allows what He allows for a purpose, those who love instruction will ask of each negative thing “What does the Lord want me to learn through all of this?” It has come to me over and over, and this was confirmed independently from many different sources, that the Lord is using this attack to shake everything that can be shaken (Hebrews 12:26, 27). So what am I saying? Well a couple of verses that also stood out to me from this morning's readings are “when you have eaten and are full, and have built beautiful houses and ..... when your heart is lifted up, and you forget the LORD your God ... (Deuteronomy 8:12, 14). What I am saying is than when things are going well, we tend to in essence forget God, and put our trust in things that can be shaken, things  we can loose in an instant, health, wealth, houses, princes (people we look up to), philosophies, ideologies, ourselves etc., etc. It is not wise!

I was reminded this morning, that our time here on earth is less than a second in eternity. And I am hearing over and over, that the Lord is wanting to reset His church with a heavenly perspective. We cannot do either church or life as usual, we must not! Many of us told ourselves, that if we had more time, we would spend more time with Him, we would read the Bible more etc., etc. So we need to ask ourselves at this time when we have been given the gift of time, are we redeeming it? It is certainly true that the days are evil (Ephesians 5:16).

Father, 911 is our emergency number, and Psalm 91:1 should be our emergency response in these days. “He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High, shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.” Thank You Lord for this gift of time, help us to use it wisely as an opportunity to spend it with You in the secret place, and to receive Your instruction, reproof and correction, and all necessary resets of our lives. Thank You for discipline and instruction in Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment