Sunday, August 20, 2017

God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent Numbers 23:19

Has anyone ever let you down, and let you down badly? It’s highly likely that the answer is yes! Has anyone you trusted ever stretched the truth, even a little? Again the answer is likely yes! But there is One who will never let you down, and who will never lie to you, and that One of course is God!

In a world of shifting morals and values, I have found stability in my Rock, in the Lord. At the time of my conversion, my favourite hymn was “Great is thy faithfulness.” I had found faithfulness, in a world of faithlessness, and it steadied me, gave me a place to stand, and place to hope that life could be better. I had found the truth expressed in another hymn “On Christ the solid rock I stand… All other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand!”

I had cause over the weekend without actually seeing her, to gain insight into the life of somebody who intersected with my life briefly many years ago. This lady is stinking rich, and now in her old age is in poor health. I sense without even talking to her, that she is very far from the Lord, and I have the sense of a tired, lonely, empty life. It is so sad!

It’s hard to see people in such pain, and at the same time, to sense that there is no openness to find the One who can bring peace, grace, stability and hope in a world without any of these things.

Father, the default here, is to close my heart so that these things no longer bother me. With fear and trembling I have asked You to break my heart with the things that break Yours. But Lord I need to know what You want me to do with it, I need Your Grace to bear it, and I need Your wisdom to know when there is something You want me to do about it. I know that sometimes You just want me to pray, and sometimes You want me to speak. But I need Your help and Your guidance, and Your boldness to do this. So I am asking for these Graces in Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment