Thursday, August 31, 2017

The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field (see Matt. 13:44)

 

 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and hid; and for joy over it he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.

In John 10:10b, Jesus tells us that he came that we might have life in abundance, in all its fullness. But most of us, most of the time are willing to settle for far less than what he has for us. The saying “most men live lives of quiet desperation” is applicable many times, even to Christians. Why is this?

Well, there are many things that trip us up. In the first part of John 10:10, Jesus tells us that thief, that is the evil one, comes to kill and to steal and to destroy. For the most part he has done an amazing job, even in the church! As the Lord stirred my heart this morning about these things, I told him “I am not willing to settle anything less than all that you have for me?”

I mean, it’s either true or it’s not. If we have believed cunningly devised fables, then let’s throw the whole thing out. But if it’s true, then it’s worth selling everything to gain the treasure, which in the end is Jesus Christ himself. Indeed the Lord told Abraham “I am your exceedingly great reward” (Genesis 15:1).

Father, help me to follow through on what I told you this morning. I know that You desire passion lovers. Please forgive me for those times that I have been very much less than this. Lord with You all things are possible I praise and bless You in Jesus name amen

No comments:

Post a Comment