Wednesday, August 9, 2017

I would rather face the past than be afraid of the oceans of tears that accompany healing

Many of us either live in the past, caught up in regrets or bitterness, or we live in the future, dreaming of an ideal future, dreaming of what might never be. In both cases we are in grave danger of living, as the saying goes, lives of quiet desperation.

Part of the fear referred to above, has to do with uncertainty, fear of the unknown. Another part has to do with not knowing that healing is available. I am part of an inner healing ministry, and over and over I see people dropping out at the point where they need to start to deal with the issues. It’s scary, inner healing is not for the faint of heart. The alternative though, is to be stuck in the past or the future.

In describing His mission in Luke 4:18, Jesus told us that He came to heal the brokenhearted. This is the heritage of the child of God. It is our birthright, but it is not something that is automatic, and it is not easy, we have to war for it. Part of this, is that we need to allow God to open up old wounds. A festering wound, physical or soulish, needs to cauterized to cut out the infection. This hurts, and hence the tears, but tears are cleansing and they necessarily come together with the healing.

It does take courage to allow God to do this, but we will never heal without dealing with the past. I am being reminded of these things, as I sit in a prophetic conference here in Toronto. And I am witness to Him healing hearts here, as people allow themselves to be vulnerable, and come forward for healing and prayer. I can see already that some of these people will never be the same as they start their journey to wholeness!

Father, please give me the courage to bring those things from both the past and the future, that at various levels can keep me stuck. Lord I choose to trust you for my healing, and for the abundant life that you promised me in Jesus Name amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment