Saturday, August 5, 2017

Your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God 1 Cor. 2:5

In conversations with those who do no believe, I have often sought to win them by persuasive arguments. It really does not seem to work. I have often had the experience of winning a point, only to go back later to find that they had reverted to their original position.

It’s not that reason and logic does not play a part, and many people are stuck in unbelief precisely because for them they have to understand before they can believe. But it doesn’t work that way. The famous saying comes to mind “I believe, therefore I understand.” I’m not saying I understand everything, I would have to be God for that to happen!

I have often used the illustration that if you don’t believe that a human body can float in water, the only way you are going to be convinced is if you get in the water, relax and just allow the water to do its work.

In the West, our culture is a culture of unbelief. As Randy Clark says this is a vicious circle. We don’t believe, so we don’t act in faith. In particular we don’t ask so we don’t receive (James 4:2). On his website Global Awakening, he says "If you want to break this vicious cycle, come with me on a short-term mission and you will see miracles happening.”

I did that, in fact I did that twice. And it's true, I saw many more miracles than I can even remember. Some I thought I would never forget but I did. But I do remember, and remember well, seeing blind eyes opened, deaf ears unstopped and the lame walking. Now no one can tell me miracles don’t happen. I saw it with my own eyes, in fact God has even used me to perform miracles. Yes, little old me! And now I can say with Paul “My faith rests in the power of God.”

Father, I thank you that you have shown me something of Your glory and your power. Please bring more and more of these miracles to Newfoundland. In fact kingdom of God come, will of God be done on earth here in Newfoundland as it is in heaven. In Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment