Monday, August 28, 2017

I will not let you go until you bless me!

In this quote from Genesis 32:26, Jacob knew he was in trouble! He had robbed his brother not only of his inheritance, but also of his father’s blessing. And now his brother was coming to meet him with 400 men. It did not look good. Many times, it’s only in times of desperation, that we come to God. And he accepts this because He is good and gracious and loving. These times are pivotal times!

It can be very scary, because it tests your faith! Is He really there or is He not? Will we choose to trust Him? The point is that it brings up many of our ungodly beliefs. For example, I know He’s there for others, but will He be there for me? It also brings up feelings of inadequacy, I feel so unworthy at such times, and that can sabotage my faith!

Behind negative self talk of unworthiness, there lurks an ungodly belief. The point is that if God only accepts us when we are worthy, He would not accept anybody. In fact we know this, but we need to let it settle into our hearts. As Christians, we are accepted in the beloved (Ephesians 1:6 NKJV). But this truth needs to move from our heads to our hearts, so that we can rest in it. Until we come to this place, we are in fact in practice atheists, even as we confess with our minds that we are not!

In these pivotal times, these times of desperation when we cry out to God, we find ourselves like Jacob, wrestling in our spirit. At these time when we choose to press in, when we choose to say and mean with Jacob “I will not let you go until you bless me,” then these are truly times of breakthrough, times when our faith is rises to a new level.

Father help me to welcome these pivotal times of desperation. Increase my faith to truly believe that You are here for me, even me. I choose to believe at such times. I believe, help my unbelief. In Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment