Friday, February 2, 2018

The thief comes for no other reason but to steal, kill and destroy. But…

If a rich relative left you a couple of hundred thousand dollars in his will, and other relatives were trying to take that from you, how stubborn would you be in pursuing what you were promised? The reason I ask, is that every believer is promised an inheritance not only in the hereafter, but also in the here and now as well. In the last sentence of the above quote from John 10:10 Jesus states “But I am come that you might have life in all its fullness.” Let me ask “Are you currently experiencing life in all its fullness?” If not you have allowed the thief to kill, steal and destroy in your life! And I suppose to some extent, we have all done this!

But let me ask again how stubborn would you be, and what setbacks would you allow to deflect you from pursuing your right to the money? The Scripture tells us that one of the reasons we do not enter into our promised inheritance, is unbelief (Hebrews 3:19). But without faith, it is impossible to please God (Hebrews 11:6), and every setback in life is a crossroad that has the power to either cause us to give up, or to press in, and accordingly faith either diminishes or it grows.

I am not saying it is easy, because it’s not! We have to choose to believe especially when we do not see, or the answer is long delayed. The Scripture says of Abraham that even when there was no reason for hope, he kept hoping—believing.. (Romans 4:18 NLT). I have often prayed “I believe, help my unbelief” (Mark 9:24).

Jesus, in the parable of the Pearl of great Price, the merchant sold everything he had in order to buy it. And we will not reach fullness of life unless we give You absolutely everything. You told Abraham all those years ago that You are his exceedingly great reward (Genesis 15:1), and You are mine too! Lord please help me by Your Spirit to put to death anything that would hinder my wholeheartedly chasing after You. I know You well enough at this point in my life, to know that You will not ultimately disappoint! So I thank You this morning that You will come through for me, and I give You all the honour and all the glory and all the praise this morning in your precious Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment