Saturday, February 24, 2018

They hurt his feet with fetters, …. Until the time that His word came to pass

The Lord never promised that life would be easy. And it’s just as well, because it’s not! We are after all, in a war to the death with the enemy of our souls. And our enemy uses those who either don’t know the Lord, or those who do but are not fully committed to Him. And even that is not quite accurate, because the Evil one has this incredible ability to deceive us and then to use us, especially when we are hurt. People who are hurt inevitably finish up hurting others!

The quote this morning from Psalm 105:18, 19 is referring to the trials that Joseph had to go through as he waited for the Lord to do what He said he would do. And I often identify with Joseph in his trials, though I am not pretending that what I go through is equivalent to what he had to go through. I am however, challenged by his steadfastness in the face of trials.

So in my quiet time this morning, the Lord for the umpteenth time was telling me not to fret, because it only leads to harm (Psalm 37:8). And part of the harm that fret or worry causes, is that when our focuses is on anything but Him, then we miss out on opportunity, and on life and health and peace.

Father, once again this morning I cast all my cares, concerns and worries upon You (1 Peter 5:7). I symbolically stretch out my hands, place each and every concern on them, lift them to You, then take my hands off. And whenever I am tempted to take them back, I again symbolically lift off my hands. Thank you Lord that You help me even in this and I give You all the honour, glory and praise again this morning in Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment