Thursday, October 3, 2019

The glory of the riches of our inheritance (III) Inheritance Prophecies

Last day I was talking about receiving a revelation of particular Scriptures as our inheritance scriptures, and receiving them as our prophesying to ourselves. It's about seeing ourselves as God sees us, and believing and embracing it. While not every revelation of Scripture is an inheritance scripture, some of them will  confirm and/or clarify them. The instructions the Lord gave me to wait patiently on Him in my life verses (Psalm 40:1), are confirmed for example in “I would have lost heart, unless I had believed That I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living. Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD” (Psalm 27:13,14)!

But in addition to inheritance scriptures, there are inheritance prophesies. And since New Testament prophecy is all about encouragement, strengthening and comfort (1 Corinthians 14:3), then one of its functions, is to confirm and/or clarify our inheritance scriptures. In this way, prophecies that relates to them serve the same role as  supplementary inheritance Scriptures. And there is often much more to these things than what is on the surface, what originally stands out to us, and we need to study them. Let's look again at my primary inheritance Scripture (Psalm 40:1-3). So waiting patiently on the Lord  is my instruction,  His hearing, establishing my feet and putting a song in my mouth,  is the work He had done and is doing in me. The third part  is the promise that many will see and fear put their trust in Him.  The further supplementary inheritance scripture “Do not despise the day of small beginnings” (Zechariah 4:10), was given when it became clear that my promise was going to take forever to come to pass.

The reason I needed that, is that for the last fifteen years, I have been running a house group/house church, that has never been larger than twelve! So that Scripture has helped me not to be discouraged with these small beginnings. Another is  “He who is faithful in a little will be faithful in much” (Luke 16:10). And as I sought to be faithful in these small beginnings,  He used the time to strengthen my heart (Psalm 27:13) and “set my feet upon a rock” (Psalm 40:2). And I  pray “Lord you are able to do exceedingly abundantly above all I ask or imagine” (Ephesians 3:20). But by far the biggest encouragement was a prophetic word from thirteen  years ago, after I had learned not to set deadlines (see 27 September post). It was that God was pleased with my determination to go forward and not to give up, because “you can get hurt again after, and hurt again after, and hurt again after.” The word went on to say “I know you, I know you, I know you. I was and still am undone by it!

Father, I see the primary purpose of both inheritance scriptures, and inheritance prophecy,  is for us to know, to really know, how You see us, and so that as we contend for these things, we may live out of that reality. You not only see us as amazing, You see  us as the significant warriors we can be for the Kingdom (Judges 6:12)! Lord, I am only just beginning to see the glory of the riches of our inheritance. Open our eyes Lord more and more (Ephesians 1:17), and give us the Grace to continue to press in to You,  the God who rewards those who diligently seek You (Hebrew 1:6) in Jesus Name Amen 


No comments:

Post a Comment