Friday, August 11, 2017

Better than coffee #Jesus

We were discussing having to wait for our coffee in the mornings here at the Revelatory conference in Toronto. The caffe does not open until 8:00 and many of us are early risers. Though we were missing our coffee, we all agreed that Jesus is better than coffee!

I am, as I said, a morning person and for many years have spent time first thing in the morning reading. praying or sitting quietly before the Lord. There are certainly times when this fellowship with Jesus is richer than at others, but I find that this quiet time settles and establishes the right attitude for the day. This is especially true when there is something on my mind that is bothering me. At such times I journal pouring out my thoughts onto the computer to get them out of my head. In the past I had a problem with obsessive thinking - you know where the same negative thoughts go round and round and round!

I have written a million letters in these moment 99% of which I have never sent. But I find my journaling more effective when I pour out my complaint to the Lord rather than the computer(Psalm 142:2)! This brings me more quickly back to peace, though, depending on what it is, it can take a while!

The bottom line is that I would not have made it through life without Him, and these times of fellowship and intimacy with Him. And I mean this quite literally. There is a history of premature deaths in my family line, and I fit the profile. So yes, though I prefer not to, I can do without my coffee, but I cannot do without the Lord.

As I was wondering if I should blog on this this morning, my eye fell as I opened my computer, on a friend’s face book page. And there in big letters was C.O.F.F.E.E and underneath “Christ offers forgiveness for everyone everywhere. It was a sign 😀

It’s all true Lord, and I want to thank You this morning again for the fellowship we share in these quiet times. My life is so much richer and has so much more meaning in relationship with You. Thank You that You pursued me for so long, and thank You for Your patience with me. I love You Lord. And by the way thank You for coffee too 😀 In Your precious Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment