Monday, February 19, 2018

The Father is seeking those who will worship Him in spirit and in truth

What goes on at our “worship services,” is not always worship. Worship is much more and singing hymns or worship songs. In the passage referred to above from John 4:23, 24, we are being told that true worship is both in spirit, and in truth. But what does this mean?

In church yesterday, as the time came for the worship team to step down, I really did not want it to end. A line from an ancient hymn came to mind “lost in wonder, love and praise.” And at the very least, my heart, my mind and my emotions were being stirred as we came before the throne of grace. So what I am saying, is that “in spirit” has at the very least, to mean that worship should be with body, mind, soul and spirit.

On the other hand, the NIV version of Romans 12:1 has it that the presentation of our bodies as living sacrifices, is our spiritual act of worship. So then, to worship in truth while it certainly includes correct theology, also involves living sacrificially for Him. And the Father we are told, is looking, searching, desiring for each and every one of us to give Him this multifaceted kind of worship. And if yesterday is anything to go by, and I believe it is, then this it is ultimately what will bring love, hope, joy and satisfaction.

Father, I believe that you are seeking for me and any brother or sister who will seek You and respond to You in these ways. But I also know that is not all up to us, because You are drawing each and every one of us to Yourself with cords of love. Lord open my eyes this morning to anything that would hinder my worshiping You in spirit and in truth in Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment