Saturday, September 2, 2017

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths

As I come to the Lord this morning, I am facing a decision (likely today) that could change my life for better, or for worse. A “no” is safe, but a “yes”, while it has great potential also comes with great complications. This is one of those decisions that I need to get right. If it’s wrong there could be headaches for a very long time. But if it’s right then, as the last part of the above quote from Proverbs 3:5, 6 in the amplified version has it, He will make my paths straight and smooth [removing obstacles that block my way].

So what does it mean to lean not unto my own understanding? Well His ways are higher than my ways, and His thoughts higher than my thought (Isaiah 55:9). In particular, He knows what is best, He sees the future, and His perspective is an eternal perspective. So I told Him this morning “If this is of You, then in spite of my doubts and fears, I want it. And if this is not of You I want to run from it like the plague.” For me part of putting the Proverbs quote into practice is getting my will into neutral, and the prayer I just prayed is a big part of that.

Father, they say faith spelt r– i – s – k. If I say “no,” and it should be a “yes,” then I risk missing part of my destiny. If I say “yes,” and it should be “no,” then I risk storing up a whole lot of trouble for myself. But what I know for sure Lord, is that even if I get it wrong You will redeem it. So I’m choosing to trust You this morning because, as far as I know, I am indeed acknowledging You especially in this, and I so I am believing Your promise of guidance and direction. In Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment