Monday, September 18, 2017

He opens and no one can shut, and shuts and no-one can open

These are the words of Him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David (Revelation 3:7). These words are of great comfort to me this morning, as this week is likely to be the week that a deal I have been trying to negotiate for some time, either goes through or does not go through. In terms of what I actually want, I am far from clear. But there are indications, in terms of prophetic words, that I should continue to try this door.

Part of the prophetic word was that desires are delayed, so that the total peace that I normally require in order to go ahead with a decision, is itself a little confused. Another part of the same prophecy was, and I quote “Sometimes desires are delayed to walk in obedience while still not feeling it. That is faith! We can’t always rely/trust our own feelings.” Now, while this is a strong indication I should go ahead, everything needs to be tested! There are other less strong indications that I should try this door, but I still am in need of confirmation. For this reason I have offered a price that gives the Lord a lot of room to move. The offered price is not arbitrary, it is itself something that I have needed to be tested, and as far as I know at this time, this is the price I am supposed to offer. In fact there are reasons to believe that this offer will be rejected, but still the usual peace continues to be absent!

So then it’s a great comfort to me this morning, to know that He is the one who opens and no one can shut, and He is the one who shuts and no one can open. So in faith I choose to trust in spite of my feelings!

Dear reader, I covert your prayers!

Father, I have to admit that this is stretching me. But I do indeed choose to trust. Thank You for bringing this verse from Revelation to my attention this morning, it is part of the confirmation that I should leave the things I have initiated in Your hands, and to let the world unfold. Father I am going to need Your peace before the final decision is made. In Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment