Monday, September 11, 2017

Whom the Lord loves, he chastens (Proverbs 3:12)

I have been asking the Lord to give me things with personal application to write to my blog. So when He suggested the title of this blog this morning, I had to ask Him if He was chasing me, and if so in what area.

Well I am being stretched in the area of finances at the moment, and this is new for me. In fact I have not had to worry about my financial situation for many years now. And without realizing it, my trust of finances was more in myself, that in the Lord.

In fact I had been telling the Lord during this same period, that my money is His money. But apparently I was fooling myself. This started to become clear last year, when I finished up with bedbugs in my rental property, and where one after the other my tenants left. And I was getting frustrated and angry. So the Lord was essentially asking me if it was His money why was I getting frustrated and angry.

So kicking and screaming I submitted and finally got the victory and cast all my cares on Him! But apparently that was only part of the lesson, part of the Lord gently asking me to “put my money where my mouth is” 😀! The point is that if I had fully learned the lesson, then this time of decision making on financial matters would not be so stressful! So is this a rebuke? Well yes, but it’s done in such a loving and gentle way, that I just feel loved and secure and encouraged to trust. In fact it is part of the confirmation that I should go ahead!

Father, thank You that you are never content to let us rest on our laurels. Thank You for Your patience with me, oh me of little faith. Thank You that You love me exactly as I am, but You love me far to much to leave me that way in Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment