Thursday, September 28, 2017

the mystery of His will.. that… He might gather together in one all things in Christ

Having asked Him, with fear and trembling, to break my heart with the things that break His, I felt some of His yearning this morning, as I meditated on this extract from Ephesians 1:9,10. There is a timing for its fulfillment. Part of the NKJV expanded version of these verses says that it is in the dispensation of the fullness of time. As with the privilege of being able to bow the knee now, before we will be forced to, so too we have the privilege of cooperating with Him now in this primary objective of His. But what does that look like?

When we have His heart on a matter, it motivates us to pray. Over and over in the Gospels we read of Jesus, that moved with compassion He did this or that. The involvement of our compassion and emotions in prayer is vital to their effectiveness. But it is no easy matter to enter into the pain that He feels over separation and disunity and disharmony. But when we do, then once again it brings us into the fellowship of His sufferings!

Father, give me the courage to enter into the level of intercessory prayer that You are calling me to. Thank You that You do not expect me to do this alone. Help me to open my heart to all those You are calling to Yourself in my circle of influence. In this, as in all things, I need Your help, Your grace, Your strength and Your peace. In Jesus name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment