Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Hoisted upon my own petard

It’s an idiom from Shakespeare’s play Hamlet, and it essentially means "to fall into one's own trap.” It's relevance to me, is that I feel I was set up by what I am blogging, and challenged to live up to what I am writing! He does that you know!


 In a recent post for example, I blogged about the silences of the Christian community. Now I have tended to avoid politics my entire life. You see there’s no such thing as a perfect political party. Well you knew that! It’s the same with church really, but I don’t avoid church for that reason! And I have said it before (but done nothing about it), that Christians are needed on all side of the spectrum.

We are admonished in Isaiah 60:1 to “Arise shine for your light has come.” Now up until this point the imperfectly received light shining through me has being restricted largely to the Christian community. However, long story short, through a series of “coincidences,” I was alerted to an issue at a policy meeting of the PCs that was close to my heart. and I found myself, me the apolitical animal, prodded and challenged to respond to what I am saying in my own blogs. So, not without some resistance, I join up so I could vote on the issue, and then to write some letters!

Father, thank You that the light I have received, though imperfectly received has nevertheless lightened my darkness, and been a huge transforming experience. It’s both scary and exciting to be challenged to live up to my own standards. I mean who knows where this will lead? But You have reminded that I must not hide my light (Your light really) under a bushel (Matthew 5:15), and You also promised to lead and guide me, to never never to leave me nor forsake me, and You are a very present help. So I once again commit my life to You and say “Here I am use me as You please” In Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment