Saturday, January 20, 2018

Rooted and grounded in love 2

I should have known I would be tested, after all to teach or blog on a certain subject is to actually invite a test. After blogging yesterday on the above subject, I encountered two separate incidents in which my impatience was in grave danger of showing. The first through an impediment not of my friend's own making, the second through obfuscation. I like this word, it means making something obscure, unclear, or unintelligible. This is often simply a way avoiding having to 'fess up," trying to wriggle off the hook of responsibility!

We have likely all done this at times through rationalization and blame. I know that I have, but I was aware this morning that the Lord was putting His finger on my impatience. After all “love is patient, love is kind” (1 Corinthians 13:4). And in the midst of frustrated impatience, it is very hard to be kind. But how to overcome this?

Well the first thing, is not to beat myself up, to receive His forgiveness and cleansing, and to allow these things to remind me how very much I need Him. And if, as I know He intends, I am to be a channel of his love flowing through me to this wicked and hurting world, then I need to stay vitally connected to or Him moment by moment throughout the day. Surely this is a huge part of what it means to be rooted and grounded in His love!

Father, thank You for Your patience with me. Please help me in this ongoing struggle to do my part in allowing You to ground and establish me in Your love, and so to allow You to love others through me. I choose to surrender again this morning, for I know that it is only in Your love, Your strength, Your mercy and Your grace that I can live the life you call me to. As a friend of mine says “incomplete but accepted!” It’s hard on the pride, but this is a good thing! I love you Lord in Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment