Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Be still, and know that I am God ...

... I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth (Psalm 46:10)! I ask the Lord morning by morning for something from His word for me and others. This morning's verse is particularly relevant to me, as I am finding myself in a situation of ongoing irritation, and it is not clear that it is going to stop anytime soon! It is not life threatening, more akin to a constant dripping on a rainy day, that lasts for weeks! I have been reminding myself over and over of Isaiah 26:3 “You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You because he trust in You.” And this verse form this morning's readings is a good supplement. The Lord knew what I needed!

So what I did, and what I am doing even as I write, is to come to my secret place, settle myself down, spread my hands out to Him and invite Him into my situation. It is about His tangible presence, it is about coming back to His peace.

You don't see the pause of course, but there was one. But what I want to say, is that other verses in this Psalm are also helpful. Verse 1 “God is ... a very present help in time of need.” Verse 9 “He makes wars to cease from the ends of the earth.” It is not much of a war that I am in, and if He is capable of doing the bigger stuff, He is certainly able to come through for me. It will be in His time of course. Then there is the rest of verse 10. God will be exalted in the earth among the nations, His Kingdom will come and His will will be done on earth. And blessed are those who wait for Him (Isaiah 40:31).

Father, thank You for helping me to get things in perspective this morning. Thank You that You are in control. Thank You for Your presence and Your promise to keep me in perfect peace as You work these things out in Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment