Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Give us help from trouble

.... For the help of man is useless. Through God we will do valiantly, for it is He who shall tread down our enemies (Psalm 60:11,12). This verse from this morning's readings that are on my heart. And I got to thinking about the combination of our responsibility and God's, what He expects us to do and what He does for us. I mean there are times when He says to stand still and see the deliverance of the Lord (Exodus 14:13), and there are times when He asks why are you praying go out and face the enemy. But even when it's the Lord, we still have to take up our position, and even in this morning's portion, it is “through God.” And of course this morning the panic over the coronavirus is on also my mind, as here in Canada everything is shutting down, or almost everything. And the question, again on my heart is what is our part, my part, and what is God's?

I am talking about the Biblical principle that we are co-labourers with Christ (1 Corinthians 3:9). I just came from an early morning daily prayer meeting that “by coincidence” was called way before the panic struck. There is this spirit of fear that is over the whole earth, you can feel it, and there is very little that we as individuals can do. But what we must not do, is to give into the spirit of fear. And part of what we were doing this morning, was to affirm that we believe that God is in control, and declaring words to the effect that “will not fear, Even though the earth be removed,
And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea.” And we can do this because “God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble” (Psalm 46: 2, 1).

What is encouraging to me, is that the prophetic has not been silent. In particular, Chuck Pearce prophesied last September that there would be a massive plague that would “test us though passover.” God also told him “Do not look down at what you are about the see.” And he encouraged us to declare  “Lord keep us looking up, and the snakes ahead will have no heads.” Other reputable prophets have been saying that all this is an attack of the enemy, to try and prevent what is coming. I have had the sense for some time, that when the powers of darkness are themselves in panic, that they always go too far. And I want to encourage us all this morning that at times like this, people pray, and I am tapping into the promise this morning that “If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land (2 Chronicles 7:14). I mean even nonbelievers are praying at this point in time. With all this prayer,  how can we not succeed Hallelujah!

Father, I have the real sense this morning, that we we do not need to fight this battle, but we are to simply take up our position (2 Chronicles 20:17) in faith and in prayer, declare our trust in You and in the surety of Your deliverance. So I thank You in advance for what another prophet has declared, namely that the tide has turned and the victory is ours in Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment