Monday, April 16, 2018

Let the weak say I am strong (Joel 3:10)

It’s no small wonder, that the unbeliever scoffs at some of the things of faith. This admonition for example, must seem like being admonished to deny reality. But when understood correctly, it makes perfect sense. The alternative, for example, is for the one who feels weak to wallow in his weakness, to declare that he is indeed weak. This has the feel of self-fulfilling prophecy even if it wasn’t true initially!

On the other hand the Christian, the one born again of incorruptible seed, this one has the DNA of our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ, the Lord of armies, the One who is mighty in battle! And He calls us and commands as to be strong in Him. Now He never commands us to do something that He does not, with the command, equip us with the wherewithal to obey. The Scripture tells us that life and death are in the power of the tongue (Proverbs 18:21). And when we say we are strong, then we speak life into that word, and we begin the process of becoming strong in Him. Likewise if we speak that we are weak, then we are speaking death unto ourselves.

It is said of the God in whom we believe, that He gives life to the dead and calls into being that which does not exist (Romans 4:17). How much more is He able to strengthen one who has the DNA of the mighty warrior Jesus Christ, and who in faith speaks into being what God has called him or her to speak.

Father, with Paul I say this morning, that when I am weak, then I am strong (2 Corinthians 12:10). I am only strong in You Lord. I tried living the Christian life in my own strength, and utterly failed. When I came to the end of myself and cried out to You, then You started the process of Your strength becoming perfected in my weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9). I pray for myself and anyone reading this post this morning Lord, that You would either begin or complete this work in us. And we will give You the glory and the honour and the praise in Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment