Tuesday, April 17, 2018

We need to be more convinced of the beauty of tomorrow than of the difficulties of today

You have probably heard the saying “Life sucks, and then you die!” Perhaps you can’t relate to this, but most people I know can. I mean life is hard many times, and in the words of an ancient hymn “oft the wrong seems oh so strong.” Still, I am grateful this morning that I live in Canada, which is relatively free for much of the turmoil that engulfs the world. I’m also grateful for the reminder in the next line of that same hymn that says (least I forget) “God is the ruler yet!”

When tragedy strikes, when life sends a curveball, those who have faith are somehow better equipped to handle the chaos of it all. And at such times, I have learned to cry out to the One who is indeed the ruler, and I gain strength and comfort in my relationship with Him. At such times too I cling to the promise that there will be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying, nor pain (Revelation 21:4). It also helps to meditate on the verse that says “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor has it entered into the heart of man, the things which God has prepared for those who love Him (1 Corinthians 2:9).

The title of this morning’s post, is a quote from Bill Johnson, and I hear what he’s saying. In order to negotiate the trials of life and rise above them, we do need to be fully convinced that our present sufferings are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us ( Romans 8:18). And I have found, that life’s difficulties are something of a crossroads. I can allow them to strengthen my faith, or allow them to push me away. But even if for a while, it’s all too much for me, I know that I will eventually come back to Him, because I have tasted and seen that He is good, and He is the answer to it all.

Father, I thank You this morning for the hope that is within me. It is an anchor for my soul, and it connects me to Your presence in the inner sanctuary. I pray Father, for all those who are struggling this morning, that You would give them grace to believe that You are still on Your throne, that You are in control, and that You will indeed work all things together for our good (Romans 8:28). Give us a glimpse this morning Lord of all that is in store. We need You Lord, in Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment