Saturday, March 3, 2018

Don't worry about tomorrow … Each day has enough trouble of its own

Nobody had to teach me how to worry, it came very, very naturally! I mean there’s so much to worry about, the kids, the house, relationships, finance, about the future, about the state of the world, about terrorism, about where it’s all going to end etc., etc. But Worry is destructive. We can’t be at peace if we are worrying. We can’t have joy if we are worrying, and we are likely to be irritable and short tempered. And most of us have been there! I certainly have!

So no, nobody had to teach me how to worry, and in fact worry seems to be the default! But worry is faith in a negative future, and in this message from Matthew 6:34, Jesus is teaching us to put our faith in God. In verse 26 he tells us to look at the birds of the air, which neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns yet are fed by our heavenly Father. Then He asks “Are you not of more value than they?” Clearly we are (John 3:16)!

If you have watched little children in loving families, you will notice that there are joyful, and worry free. In fact they are free period. And we are called to be little children of our heavenly Father, and we need to choose to trust in Him. And what helps me this morning to do just that, is to remember His faithfulness in the past, His faithfulness, as I chose to trust Him. Certainly there are things yet to be resolved, but knowing that He has already helped me to resolved many things, helps me to trust Him today. And I know by faith, that on that day I will be able to say to Him “You have done all things well” (Mark 7:37).

Father, forgive me for the times I have allowed worry to rob me of my peace and joy. I choose to come to You again this morning trusting that You are in control, and that You will give me what I need to say or do at the time things need to be dealt with, but not before (Luke 12:11)! Thank you Lord that as I continue to remember Your faithfulness, and to choose to trust You in these ways, You are strengthening my faith, and this helps me to trust You for the next time, even for what I know is coming today! I give You praise and glory again this morning Lord, in Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment