Tuesday, January 2, 2018

If you abide in Me and My Words abide in you, you will bear much fruit

I was reminded in the last few days, of how difficult Christmas is for many, many people. For some, it’s the first Christmas without a loved one, for others it’s family drunkenness and the anxiety and tension that accompanies that. For others, even without these things or the like, there is tension in the family get-togethers which always seems worse because it is supposed to be the season of goodwill. And even if this is not you, it is likely true of someone you know and love, and so you grieve for them.

So with some of these things on my heart as I came to the Lord this morning, He reminded me of His promise at the head of this post from John 15. And without in any way dismissing the power of my prayers (see yesterday’s post), I am also reminded that I am the only one I can change!

And with this promise I realize again, that the very best thing I can do for those I love is for me to show them the way by being changed by abiding in Him and His Word. And for me over the last few months, my aid in doing this has been to ask Him morning by morning for a Word first and foremost for myself, but also for others. And I need to write it down, since then it cements it more firmly into my heart and mind.

Father, the aspects of the fruit of Your Spirit that I need most this morning, are love, joy and peace. And I find these in Your presence as I come to You and Your word morning by morning. Thank You Lord for these things in Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment