Wednesday, September 26, 2018

I believe help my unbelief

I often can’t decide if it is surprise or delight, when the Lord confirms that I really do hear His voice. At least partially through the encouragement of a friend, I have become increasingly aware that much of what I am blogging here will eventually be a book. As I was thinking, praying and listening for His direction on what to blog this morning I came across what I had journaled in 2009 “Yes I am with you as you write the book in the mornings, I am there and walking and writing and loving you with all that I have darling, darling son.” And I was caused to remember a 2007 prophetic word I was give to the effect that I have a book in my bowls.

The quote above from my journal, was just part an incredibly strengthening, encouraging and comforting word I had journaled from Him. Journaling what He speaks to us, is one component of what I want to talk about in the coming days. It relates to our need to intentionally cultivating the hearing of His voice. But two things here, firstly I guess I must be something of an elephant considering the gestation period of the book (a book in my bowls). The Lord is clearly not in a hurry! Secondly with this confirmation coming to me this morning from all those years ago, the surprise/delight I am feeling is very much related to my increasing awareness that this is indeed a book.

Part of me wishes this morning that I could claim that it is all delight and no surprise. I mean why would I be surprised if, as I claim, I hear His voice morning my morning? But the combination of my surprise/delight contains the same paradox of faith and unbelief expressed by the father in the title of this post. He was responding to Jesus’s “All things are possible to he who believes” (Mark 9:23,24). But the overconfidence in such a claim, would likely not help you, since I we are all likely a mixture of these things. And overconfidence is dangerous, since it can isolate us, prevent us hearing from the Lord though others. It will also likely make us defensive when challenged! But also this paradox that I see in me, helps me to realize the relevance of the command to test all things (1 Thessalonians 5:21). And it is important to know the what and the how of doing this. We will need to speak of these things too!

Father, after all of the things I have heard from You, and have seen You do, I should, in many ways, be further ahead in my faith than I am. But there is no condemnation in Christ, and so with the father in this mornings story I pray “I believe help my unbelief.” And apparently it was good enough, since You healed his son! And since You keep moving me forward, it seems to be enough for me too. I thank You Lord for your love, mercy and patience in Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment