Thursday, October 4, 2018

The LAST two of four keys to hearing God’s voice

Last day I used to verse “Be still and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10) to talk about the fist two of Mark Virkler’s keys to hearing God’s voice. The two keys were quieting ourselves down, and turning our eyes onto Jesus. The last two keys are tuning to flow (John 7:38) and writing it down (Habakkuk 2:2a). In tuning to flow I ask the Lord every morning what He wants to say to me. I then choose to trust in faith that what comes is of Him. Even so, as I have said, anything that is radical needs to be tested and confirmed within a mutually accountable fellowship.

Knowing that I can test what comes later, allows me to get it all down without interruption. There are times when it is very, very tempting interrupt the flow, because what you are receiving does not seem right. There was a very difficult period (emotionally) in my Christian walk where I had reverted to some of my pre-Christian habits. In effect I had gone back to my old ways of dealing with my pain. In the process of pushing through to victory, there were periods of sobriety followed by a fall. In the midst of this the Lord told me one time “You are faithful darling son.” I am sure He would have said more, but I blurted out “What about ….” And He told me “I don’t remember that.” He was reminding me of the verse “Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more” (Hebrews 10:17). He was telling me that when I confess and forsake my sin (even before I have full victory), He chooses not to remember. We need to be more like Him in this!

He reminded me this morning of what I used ask my grandson when he was little “Did I ever tell you that I love you?” He would say “You tell me all the time!” Well many, many times when I am journaling His voice, He tells me that He loves me, and that He is proud of me. This can be difficult to receive! Part of this is what I call “rubber heart,” because it bounces off us. I mean He loves us all, but many of us disqualify ourselves. He loves others, but me? Well yes me, and you too (John 3:16), and you and I need to choose to receive this, and to tell Him “I choose to receive this Lord, please help me to allow this to go from my head to my heart.” You see when we operate out of the heart knowledge that we are loved and unconditionally accepted (Romans 8:1), we will operate differently!

Father, You demonstrated Your love for us that “while we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8). And You who did not spare Your Son how shall You not with Him also freely give us all things (Romans 8:32)? Lord I am sensing this morning, that I have hardly begun to tap into all that You have already provided for me and my brothers and sisters (2 Peter 1:3,4). We need Your help Lord, I do, to live, breath and move out of our true identity in You. In Jesus Name Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment