Monday, July 16, 2018

God has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise

In Isaiah 55:8,9 the Lord tells us “My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.” The world tells us, for example, that if you don’t look after number one nobody else will. And in the process, the world does not care who it steps on, or who it hurts in its race to the top. But the world’s top is really the bottom, for in the upside down kingdom, the first shall be last, and the last shall be first.

In the kingdom, when I am weak then I am strong (2 Corinthians 12:10), and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty (1 Corinthians 1:27). He who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted (Luke 14:11). When I think of myself as wise, all I have is the bankruptcy of my own wisdom, but when I know that I lack wisdom, and come humbly to the throne of grace and ask for wisdom, then His wisdom, true wisdom is given. It’s a promise (James 1:5).

The world tells us that we are here by chance, the product of random mutation. The reality however, is that we are here by design, and we are designed to be in intimate union with the One who created us. And the fact of the matter is, that things work best when they are operating according to their design. And the the fact of the matter is that fulfillment that we all seek, is to be found supremely in walking with Him in the destiny that He has determined before the foundation of the world that we should walk in!

Father, it seems to me that so much of your church is still operating according to the wisdom of the world. In the wisdom of the world, the way to please you, if You even exist, is by rules and regulations, by performing, by being good. It’s not that You don’t want us to be good, but what pleases You Lord, is when we come to You in childlike humility and received from You the gift of salvation. And as I soaked in Your presence this morning Lord, I felt Your love empowering me, giving me peace and hope and joy. For too long Lord, I was into performance, and I was driven, miserable and tortured. But now as I realize that there is nothing I can do to make You love me more, and nothing I can do to make You love me less, I am learning to rest in Your presence, to receive Your joy, and I am content in You. Thank You Lord in Your precious Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment