Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Hail mighty Warrior

Gideon had been threshing wheat in the winepress in order to hide from the Midianites who were destroying the land. The Israelites had turned their backs on God and were reaping the consequences. And now in the midst of the turmoil, they cried had out to God. And God was answering their prayers by calling upon Gideon to deliver them from the hand of the Midianites. So God had sent an angel who greets Gideon with the words “The Lord is with you, you mighty warrior!” But this was not the way Gideon saw himself, and he replies “My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father’s house” (Judges 6:1–15).

The Scripture says, that God does not see as man sees, God looks on the heart (1 Samuel 16:7). God sees us as who He calls us to be. He calls us saints, and then calls us up to be saintly. Words have power, and too easily the negative words we speak over ourselves become self-fulfilling prophecies. This is particularly true when others have spoken words of dismissal and condemnation over us “You are no good, you will never be any good, you are just like your father!” When we believe such things about ourselves, our actions tend to follow suit. We need to change our thinking (this is what repentance is all about), we need to be transformed by the renewing of our mind (Romans 12:2).

As part of this, we are told that we should no longer see ourselves, or others, according to the flesh. In other words we should see ourselves and others as God sees us. And He sees us as new creations in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:16,17 - see also the prophetic song below that I believe He wants us to hear sung over each one of us). When we see ourselves as God sees us, then our actions will follow suit in this direction too!

Father, I want to repent this morning of thinking and believing anything other then what You think and believe about me. You are a good, good Father, and You always see the best in me. Help me Lord this morning, and every morning, to act in accordance with how You see me, so that I may enter more and more into my destiny in bringing Your kingdom on earth as it is in heaven in Jesus Name Amen

“Do you believe what I believe about you” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWxSsl_oByw

No comments:

Post a Comment