Friday, July 13, 2018

When the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?

This question from Jesus recorded in Luke 18:8, comes at the end of the parable of the unjust judge. This judge gives in to the persistence of the widow rather than because her case is just. So if the unjust judge will do justly, how much more will our heavenly Father answer our persistent (night and day verse 7) prayers? So will He find faith in you and me, or will we loose heart?

I am finding my heart stirred this morning, the morning after attending the first night of an Aglow International meeting here in St John’s. This verse was used there to ask us if we will have faith to believe that He will do what He says He will do. “If you see it you can have it.” How many of us have had individual promises the Holy Spirit has whispered into out hearts through dreams, or pictures on the screen of our minds, or from a word from a friend that the Holy Spirit breathed on? Do we contend for it, or do we put it on the shelf?

And He reminded me again of the promise that because I believe my household will believe too (Acts 16:31). But my vision and my contention needs to be so much greater than just my family and loved ones! It needs to be so much bigger than me, my family, my church, my city, my province, my country. He is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all we ask or imagine according to the power that works in us (Ephesians 3:20)!

Father, Your Word tells us that where there is no vision the people perish. Lord open our eyes to see the plans You have for this city, province and country. Lord I believe that Canada is the leaves You talk about for the healing of the Nations. Thank You that You want us to partner with You in Your amazing plans, and that this makes us so, so significant. Lord please give us fresh vision over and over so that we do not loose heart. I worship You again this morning in Your lovely Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment