Wednesday, July 12, 2017

My times are in Your hands

I want what I want, and I wanted now! In this instant society in which we live, most of us are impatient to achieve our goals, dreams and destiny. But we keep bumping up against reality, at least I do! Today is my birthday, and I’m 29 again for the umpteenth time. Actually I have exceeded my threescore years and ten, and some of my dreams, ambitions and some of the promises I have received from the Lord have yet to be fulfilled. The Lord brought this verse to my attention this morning, from Psalm 31. David had been having a hard time, and I can relate. His comfort and his strength however, came from putting his trust in the Lord, and I felt I was being reminded to do the very same thing.

It’s impossible to describe how much strength, comfort and encouragement I have received from the combined resources of the Scripture, and my ongoing relationship with God. Familiar verses leap out at me again this morning: Jeremiah 29:11 “I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, plans to prosper you, plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope!” Paul, after declaring that salvation is a gift, not of works lest anyone should boast, goes on to declare that we are God’s workmanship created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them (Ephesians 2:8, 9, 10).

There is a tendency to think that we may have missed the best that God has for us. It’s a lie, my times, fortunes, future experiences and my very destiny (and yours) are all in God’s hands.

Father, I thank you again this morning for Your presence in my life, and the ongoing power of your Word to comfort, exhort and encourage me. I know that my life, and my times are in Your hands, and as has been prophesied over me over and over, the best is yet to come. I choose to believe it, and I thank You for it in Jesus name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment