Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Therefore, everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a man who built his house on a rock

Jesus goes on from these words in Matthew 7:24, to talk about the man who built his house on the sand comparing the two. Last day we were talking about worry, about things that might happen. Today we are talking about how we respond when bad things actually have happened. The one who is rooted and grounded in the word of God, not just hearing, but seeking to fully practice what is being heard, this one is able to stand firm.

Now if you’re like me, it was only after the bottom fell out of my world, that I was willing to examine my life and to change. Life was not working! In fact I was desperate, desperate enough to try even God! I have always said that it was not real, it would never have held me. In fact "it" was a "He", and He has held me, and He does hold me!

It is very clear to me that I would not be here if it were not for God. Life is too hard, and I am too soft. My life and verses, the ones that He underlined and indicated would be applicable over and over in my life are from Psalm 40:1 to 3. Verse two says “He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, Out of the miry clay, And set my feet upon a rock, And established my steps.”

Verse 25 of Matthew 7 says “and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.” And it’s true! The generational pattern of premature deaths in my family in their mid-50s hit me in my mid-50s too, and I found myself literally fighting for my life. But He had set my feet upon a rock, He had established my steps. Now it was certainly not without struggle, and in fact I was able not only to survive, but to flourish! But even better, He has assured me that by standing on Him, I have broken the generational pattern of early deaths! What a blessing!

Thank You father for Your Word. Thank you for the grace You give day by day to be the man You are calling me to be. Thank You for the testimony you have given me, and the assurance that by standing I have done a good thing for my family. I could not have done it without You, and I cannot do it without You. But with You all things are possible. I praise and bless Your Holy Name and give You all the honour and the glory in Jesus name

No comments:

Post a Comment