Friday, October 20, 2017

No weapon formed against you shall prosper, This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD

It used to bug me when people would say to me "You need to that I need to press into that," with regard to some promise from the Word, or to some verse the Lord had underlined. It bugged me because I didn’t know what it meant, but I do now.

The promises of Scripture, and the words that the Lord gives us in our quiet times, are not automatically fulfilled. It’s the same with prophecy, and the Lord has been teaching me to war for the prophetic words spoken over me, and for the promises He has given.

A number of Christians I know are passive over their prophetic words and promises. They tell me “If God has said it, He’ll do it.” But if this is the case, why does He tell us to keep on knocking, and to keep on asking (Matthew 7:7 NLT)? Why did He give us the parable of the persistent widow (Luke 18:1-8)? On top of this, I have seen people who felt let down, because their promises did not happen! People have even died, not having received their promises. And I know that likely their promises will be being fulfilled in the hereafter. But as for me “I would have lost heart if I had not believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living” (Psalm 27:13 NKJV).

In explaining the parable of the persistent widow, Jesus asks “And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will He keep putting them off?” (Luke 18:7 NIV). That does not sound to me, that He is encouraging us to be passive about our promises!

In pressing in to the promise at the head of this post (Isaiah 54:17), we need first and foremost to recognize when a weapon is being formed against us. In particular, we need to distinguish this from our suffering the consequences of our own poor choices. In this last case, we need to repent, but in the first case we need to remind the Lord of this promise, and we need to do it day and night if necessary!

Father, I thank You for Your exceedingly great and precious promises (2 Peter 1:4), and that in and through them I can live the victorious Christian life, even when all hell is breaking loose around me. And I need to remind You, that You have promised me that this is my heritage. I stand on this promise in the whole armour of God, and I thank You for the victory in advance in Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment