Friday, August 31, 2018

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not

Logically speaking, I should have had no reason to be discouraged. I mean the Lord did awesome things yesterday in the final session at the women’s prison, as we ministered His love and grace. There was hardly a dry eye in the place. But emotions aren’t always logical, and the one thing I want more than anything else in the world, and have been waiting for years for, is what was on my heart and mind as I came to Him this morning. And the fulfillment of His promise seemed as far off this morning, as it did at the beginning!

And as I do in times of discouragement, I opened the file on my computer of His promises and significant Scriptures that He has underlined in my heart over the years. And I read “He works little by little” (Exodus 23:30); and “Does He speak (promise) and then not act?” (Numbers 23:19); and “Do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left”(Joshua 1:7); and in verse 9 “Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” Then I heard Him whisper the verse at the head of this post from Galatians 6:9.

And as I started simultaneously to read, write, type and to pray, the verse “David strengthened himself in the Lord” (1 Samuel 30:6) came to mind. And I realized that this is what I was doing. And then the words “He works in ways we cannot see, He will make a word way for me” from the chorus also came to mind. And as I choose again to stay the course, the confusion started to lift, and the peace return. It always does, because He is faithful, His word is powerful, and His love consistent.

Father, You have promised that those who wait on the Lord will renew their strength, we will mount up with wings like eagles (Isaiah 40:31). Lord I love it when You speak to me through Scripture, and when You whisper to me in my heart. Father I pay this morning that all those reading this blog will, if they have not already done so, with Your help learn to strengthen themselves in You. And I give You all the honour and glory and praise again in Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment