Friday, August 17, 2018

I want what is in Me to be in you

Paul’s prayer in Ephesians 3:14-19 ends with the phrase “in order that you might be filled with all the fullness of God.” But what does it mean to be filled with all the fullness of God? In fact I came across this from the other direction with the words at the head of this post in a prophetic word I heard spoken, as if it was the Lord speaking to us. And I immediately thought of this part of Paul’s prayer and it gave me insight into it’s meaning, namely that He wants to fill us to the brim with nothing less than all of Himself. And I am thinking "Wow."

The Scriptures tell us that we are the temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19), and they command us to be continually filled with the Him (Ephesians 5:18). I used to say that we need this admonition because we are leaky vessels, but just recently I felt the Lord telling me that this is something of a curse. If I believe that I am leaky, then according to my faith be it (Matthew 9:29), in other words I will be leaky. But this does not have to be the case, and so I repented of believing and even teaching this. And I now see what He wants to do is to expand our fullness, rather like an infinitely expandable balloon that is always full, but still capable of receiving more as He continues to fill us with Himself!

This, like many other things we are called to, can seem impossible. We are told for example to be holy, because He is Holy. And my understanding is that He calls us to aim for these things. I mean if we aim for nothing we will surely attain it (i.e nothing). But if we “forget those things which are behind, and reach forward to those things which are ahead, pressing toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 3:13,14), then we will be doing our part in cooperating with Him in the fulfilment of the process of Him taking what is in Himself and putting it in us.

Father, it is so easy Lord to loose the wonder of “Christ in me, the Hope of Glory.” And when we do we will likely leak, but we don’t have to. Please forgive me for believing the lie that I am always leaky. In fact, it is Your intention Lord that we be in the process of transformed into Your image from glory to glory (2 Corinthians 3:18). But in the end, all the Glory is Yours, and I have learned to desire this above all else in Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment